Annual Convening 2021
Welcoming over 120 institutions, 65% of whom were from across Africa, the Education Collaborative Annual Convening focused on Employability and Entrepreneurship with a special feature on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
Theme: Building the capacity of institutions to improve African higher-ed outcomes.
Browse through highlights from the 2021 Convening.
Assessing Diversity Equity and Inclusion in institutions →
Industry-Oriented Learning and Digital Tools for Enhancing Students Career Outcomes →
Using knowledge and evidence to improve employability →
Leveraging Alumni Relations For Effective Career Development Initiatives In HEIs →
Maximizing Employer Engagement For Sustainable HEIs’ Career Development And Employment Services →
The Place Of Higher Education In The Larger Entrepreneurship Ecosystem →
Following the 2021 Annual Convening, the Education Collaborative has set up an Implementation Grant to help participating institutions implement insights gleaned from the convening into actual projects.
The Education Collaborative is providing a grant of up to $5,000 to 9 HEIs in Africa that are eligible.
- A representative of the institution must have attended the 2021 Annual convening
- The institution must be accredited in an African country
- The institution must be committed to the student-centered values of the Education Collaborative
- The institution must submit a concept note that highlights specific system-based challenges, specific initiatives or solutions to address identified challenges and how the expected changes will transform student-centered outcomes
- The project proposed should strictly focus on operationalization of the 2021 Education Collaborative annual convening outcomes
*The Implementation Grant is open only to registered and participating instutions of the 2021 Annual Convening.
Find out more →
Held: 14-16 June, 2021
Higher Education Institutions: 73
65% of countries present were from Africa
As a network, our goal is to amplify the excellence and efforts of individual institutions and provide the platform for them to mentor and support peer institutions. This way, we support growing institutions to build excellence within their systems and structures so they can become exemplary in their outcomes.