Supporting tools, techniques and models for institutional growth
Following the 2021 Annual Convening, the Education Collaborative set up an Implementation Grant to provide support to *participating institutions to implement insights gleaned from the convening into actual projects.
The Education Collaborative works closely with Higher Education Institutions (HEIs) in Africa to transform higher education outcomes. The primary aspiration of the Collaborative is to trigger significant improvement in the quality of education provided to Africa’s youth, whose demographic dividends are yet to be tapped into.
In light of this, the Collaborative supports initiatives that lead to substantial changes in systems structures that support student-centred development.
The Education Collaborative is announcing a Grant Initiative to provide funding support to institutions driving change on the continent with their initiatives. The initiative should aim at implementing specific solutions to identified structural challenges, leading to positive system changes towards improving student-centred development.
Grant Package & Eligibility
The Education Collaborative is providing a grant of up to $5,000 to 9 HEIs in Africa that are eligible.
To qualify for the grant, all HEIs applying for the grant, must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A representative of the institution must have attended the 2021 Annual convening.
- The institution must be accredited in an African country.
- The institution must be committed to the student-centered values of the Education Collaborative.
- The institution must submit a concept note that highlights specific system-based challenges, specific initiatives or solutions to address identified challenges and how the expected changes will transform student-centered outcomes.
- The project proposed should strictly focus on operationalization of the 2021 Education Collaborative annual convening outcomes.
* The Implementation Grant is open only to registered and participating instutions of the 2021 Annual Convening. See eligibility requirements for more details.
Learn more about the grant through the ‘Learn More’ link below.
Important Dates :
- Deadline for submission: August 15, 2021
- Feedback received from the Education Collaborative: By August 30, 2021
- Response to Education Collaborative feedback received: By September 15, 2021
- Start of Project: By October 15, 2021
Got questions? Email Stephen Gyan at firstname.lastname@example.org