Join our Community
The Education Collaborative drives multiple initiatives and engagements to achieve our transformational goals.
Designed and hosted in collaboration with partner institutions , our initiatives and engagements — both virtual and in-person — seek depth and impact for participants, spark discussion and interest, and drive strategic actions in higher education teaching, learning, and administration.
Explore membership opportunities
The Collaborative’s membership is comprised of higher education institutions (HEIs) from around the African continent. There are three categories of membership with the Education Collaborative.
This category of membership is open to individuals, association, organisations and other non-HEIs who engage with the Collaborative through a series of activities, workshops, and programs targeted at helping meet their institutional goals
A group of institutions that come together for the purpose of improved and expanded collaboration of higher education and stakeholder institutions to achieve mutually beneficial goals, and improved outcomes in Africa.
You will be joining a highly engaged and driven global community
Here are some ways our members are creating impact
In a conversation with Mr. Oloo S. Ajwang, Head Admin. Services (Office of the Vice-Chancellor) and Lecturer, Dept. of Information Science, we explored the transformative journey the institution has embarked on since joining the Education Collaborative network in July 2021. Learn More
The Open Network
Through the Open Network, participating institutions and members engage with one another through a series of activities, workshops, and programs targeted at helping meet their institutional goals.
Communities of Practice
Communities of Practice (CoP) are workgroups of educators, administrators, experts, and other stakeholders in Africa’s higher education sector. CoP workgroups leverage members’ collective competencies to deliver practical, transformative solutions within their campuses and organizations.
Our June Convening is the central platform for all stakeholders in African higher-ed to share innovative resources and strategies for the advancement of the sector. Held biennially in June at Accra, the week-long event harnesses the collective expertise of institutions and educators on ways to create an educational system that supports Africa’s development agenda.
The Learning Hub is a learning management system that offers curated and practical proven techniques in teaching, learning, and administration from Ashesi University and member institutions in Africa. Courses are structured to support self-paced learning and are available on subscription upon registration with The Education Collaborative.
Becoming a consortium member is an opportunity to engage more deeply and directly with The Education Collaborative to inform our overall strategy and growth.
Member institutions, classified as lead institutions, commit to lead initiatives, chart a path , actively develop strategies and plans, and work to impact the continent.
Lead institutions are exemplary in their focus areas of expertise and can engage The Education Collaborative in a contractual capacity not limited to the following:
- Focal initiative lead or co-lead
- Co-organizer of the Annual Convening
- Grant committee member
- Hub host, hub host due-diligence committee member, or hub representative to consulting committee
To learn how your institution can join the Member Consortium, connect with us via email at email@example.com
Becoming an Associate Member
This category of membership is specifically for individuals in the Education Collaborative network who have been actively engaged with or without their institution’s commitment. Individuals in this category are expected to:
- Be engaged with a higher-education stakeholder in Africa.
- Dedicated engagement in key activities throughout the year.
- Contributes to sharing, learning, and scaling outcomes.
- Full commitment to at least one community of practice.
Becoming an associate member is an opportunity for institutions who cannot fulfil all requirements of consortium membership but commit to engage deeply and directly with the Collaborative. Associate member institutions benefit from the following:
- Associate Member gets access to the pool of resources and funding to engage in conferences, workshops, and trainings both regionally and continent-wide.
- Access to grants to pilot proof of concepts and projects for systems to improve student outcomes.
- Attend conferences, workshops, and convenings, and access the virtual resources platform at a discounted rate.
- Opportunity for faculty, administrators, and executives to lead sessions and share in knowledge sharing platform like conferences and workshops.
- Recognition by world leading higher-ed funders as contributor to the transformation of higher-ed on the continent.
- Opportunity to lead and drive innovation in communities of practice.
Kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to express interest.