Collaborative Webinar Series
Faculty and administrators from Ashesi and other universities within the network share details on successful techniques for university management, administration, and teaching and learning under monthly themes.
Thematic Area: Career Services and Development
For September, the webinars focused on setting up career services departments. The webinar provided guidelines, tips, advice, and resources for all
- Corporate Counsel and Employers forum
- Experiential Learning Experience
- Developing a Career Curriculum
- How to set up Career Fairs
Thematic Area: Academic Advising & Counselling
For the month of October, the webinars focused on topics under Academic advising and counselling & coaching for freshmen. Participants received tips, advice, tried processes, and resources to set up or develop academic advising departments and counselling for freshmen.
- Advising for first year students & making decisions with data
- Proactive strategies for working with probationary students
- Creating a syllabus for academic advising
- Approaches to academic advising
Thematic Area: Teaching techniques for University Classrooms
For November, the webinars focused on diverse topics on teaching techniques for University Classrooms. Participants received tips, advice, tried methods, and resources to develop teaching methods for classroom engagement.
- Steps for setting up a Counselling & Coaching Department
- Using online tools for student engagement
- Effective classroom techniques for tertiary Institutions
- Cross-Institutional research for students